LUMAR Run connects the youngest and families that love to run and offers a great experience in an unspoilt nature. This is a unique run in the Triglav National Park, at the entrance of the Vrata Valley. Kids and families will run or actively walk on natural trails along the Triglavska Bistrica river. We are aware, that the young generation is our biggest wealth, that is why we offer one of the most beautiful running experiences for kids and families.
You are welcome to join us in Mojstrana, a pleasant village at the entrance of the Vrata Valley. We hope to see you on the 24th of August, 2024!
LUMAR Kids' Run
LUMAR Kids' Run will take place on a 3,5 kilometers long, marked and varied trail. The trail runs on well trodden natural paths along the Triglavska Bistrica river. The start and finish line of the run is at the Slovenian Alpine Museum.
- Location: Mojstrana - Slovenian Alpine Museum.
- Date: 19th of August, 2023 at 11.00.
- Difficulty: Easy
- Length: 3,2 km
- Positive climbing: +55 m
- Characteristics: Kids' Run takes place on well trodden natural paths along the Triglavska Bistrica river.
- Appropriate for: The youngest lovers of running.
- Gear: Running shoes, summer sports clothes and child's smile.
- Age: Kids born in 2015 and older.
LUMAR Family Run - Active Walk
LUMAR Family Run and Active Walk will take place on a marked route, 4,2 kilometres in length. The trail runs on well trodden natural paths along the Triglavska Bistrica river, all the way to the Kreda Lake. The start and finish line is at the Slovenian Alpine Museum. Families can actively walk or run on the trail.
- Location: Mojstrana, Slovenian Alpine Museum.
- Date: 19th of August, 2023 at 11.00
- Difficulty: Easy
- Length: 4,2 km
- Positive climbing: +85 m
- Characteristics: Lumar Family Run takes place on well trodden natural paths along the Triglavska Bistrica river, all the way to Lake Kreda and back to Mojstrana.
- Appropriate for: All families, who's family members are able to walk or run for 4,2 kilometres.
- Gear: Sports shoes, summer sports clothes, windbreaker and good spirit.
- Age: Parents and children of all ages.
The venue is the Slovenian Mountain Museum in Mojstrana. | Parking is provided at the Mojstrana Ski Resort parking area. | The start of the Kids' Run and Active Walk is at 11:00. | For participation, we recommend sports or running shoes, sports clothes and a windbreaker. | The fastest three children will receive medals. Each participant receives a Certificate of Participation. Each family receives a Certificate for participating in the run. | Participation in the run is free of charge. | Registration for the run is mandatory!
Our attitude towards the environment
LUMAR Run is a unique and long lasting story, where the goal is not to run in masses, but to come together and have fun with other like minded people, that love running or actively walking in a natural environment. Lumar Run connects children and families and offers a healthy activity in an idyllic natural setting. It is important that we behave responsibly and that we leave the area intact, as it was before we ran or walked through it. The Lumar Run motto is: "Being active, meeting new friends and respecting the environment makes a difference. Let's run!"