Sky Running Across Julian Alps
6-day trail running holidays in Slovenia. An amazing hut-2-hut trail running experience in the central part of the Julian Alps, with enjoyable trails, local gourmet and untouched natural surpluses.
Central part of the Julian Alps in Slovenia, with its nearby hills, Soča river valley on the west and valleys of Sava river on the eastern side, offers excellent conditions for trail runners. This is an area, which is intertwined with marvelous trails that connect Alpine valleys. Trails run across an open alpine world, on the ridges of high mountain tops and through numerous mountain pastures.
Julian Alps Sky Running is a fresh running holiday that takes place in a remote hilly environment. Slovenia, with the wider area of the Julian Alps and other hills, offers all that and much more. For runners looking for an exceptional running experience. For running enthusiasts, who swear by beautiful running trails.
- Duration: 6 days / 5 nights
- Activity: Trail Running / Hut-to-Hut Running
- Length: 101 km / Elevation: +5.500 m
- Grade: Moderate.
- Accommodation: Small Hotels ***/**** and Mountain Huts
- Date: From June 15th to September 30th
- Booking: Any day of the week.
- Start of the tour: Kranjska Gora, Slovenia
- End of the tour: Bled, Slovenia
- Price: 1.180,00 €/person (self guided tour, min. 2 people in group)*
- *High season surcharge (July 15th to August 25th): 140 €/person
- Note: This trail running holiday involves running through remote and rugged terrains.
Note: At Triglav Trail Run we specialize in designing epic trail running holidays. We are committed to seeking out the very best in everything we do for our guests, something that only the knowledge and experience of our local team can provide. This epic Sky Running Across Julian Alps was designed by our great team members and passionate trail runners in 2019. This running adventure holiday is open to ages 18 and up. One must be able to complete 15–24 kilometers/day of running (hiking the longer uphill climbs on mountain trails and running the flat trails or gravel roads and downhills - trails). Some parts are quite rocky.
Want to do a private guided group? We can organize a private guide group for 4 runners and up with our experienced and licensed guides. Please, contact us for more info.
Day 1 | Kranjska Gora
- Arrival to Ljubljana airport and transfer to Kranjska Gora.
- Introductory meeting.
- Afternoon option: Three Borders Run.
- Distance: 14 km | + climbing: 550 m | Surface: trail, gravel roads, tarmac.
- Overnight in Hotel, Kranjska Gora ***/****
Day 2 | Running from Tonka hut to Vrata Valley
- Breakfast in hotel.
- Private transfer to Tonka hut (20 min).
- Tonka hut (1.420 m) – Pogačnik hut (2.050 m) – Aljaž mountain hut in Vrata valley.
- Distance: 19.8 km | + climbing: 1.680 m | - climbing: 2.520 m | Surface: trail (90%), gravel roads (10% at the start) | Option: Lunch in Pogačnik mountain hut.
- Overnight: Well-known Aljaž mountain hut (Vrata Valley).
Day 3 | Aljažev Hut to well-known Bohinj pastures
- Breakfast in hut.
- Trail Run: Vrata valley – Luknja (1.754 m) – Triglav Lakes valley – Pri jezeru mt. hut (1.453 m)
- Distance: 22.5 km | + climbing: 2.490 m | climbing: 2.130 m | Surface: trail (95%)
- Overnight Pri Jezeru mountain hut.
Day 4 | Running From Bohinj Pastures to Planina kuhinja Hut via Krn Lakes
- Breakfast in mountain hut.
- Trail Run: Pri jezeru mt. hut (1.453 m) – Komna mountain hut – Krn Lakes (1.371m) – Krn Škrbina (2.058 m) Pri kuhinji mountain hut (991m)
- Distance: 23.5 km | + climbing: 2.121 m | - climbing: 2.590 m | Surface: trail (100%)
- Overnight in Mountain hut.
Day 5 | Pri kuhinji Hut (991 m) to Tolmin
- Breakfast in hut.
- Trail Run: Pri Kuhinji hut (991 m) – Tolminka valley - Tolmin.
- Distance: 19.5 km | + climbing: 1.480 m | - climbing: 2.350 m | Surface: trail, gravel roads.
- Overnight Hotel Tolmin ***
Day 6 | Tolmin to Bled Lake
- Breakfast in hotel.
- Private transfer to Most na Soči.
- Transfer to Bled by well-known Bohinj train.
Price includes - Self Guided Tour
- Full organization of the trail running holiday.
- Introductory briefing "face to face" in Kranjska Gora - day 1.
- Self Guided LIFE Booklet with detailed itinerary and route instructions, with timetables and details with all vouchers for accommodations, private transfers, private luggage transfers, train tickets ...
- GPS routes/tracks (all stages/days).
- APP for navigation (login with phone, watch or tablet) and/or phone holder.
- Maps with marked routes (1:25.000).
- Emergency contact number and 24/7 support.
- 5 nights in 3*/4* hotels with breakfast and mountain huts accommodation with breakfast and dinner.
- All connecting land transfers according to the itinerary.
- All luggage transfer from hut-to-hut.
- All land transfers according to the itinerary.
- Main luggage transfer,
- Welcome goodie bag.
- Tourist tax and VAT.
Price does not include:
- Travel to Slovenia (the start point of the tour).
- Food and drinks: all food and drinks, except breakfast and dinners.
- Items of personal nature.
- Travel Insurance.
- Personal equipment.
- Trail running equipment rental (hiking poles, running backpack, water bottle): 25 €/day
- Single supplement: 380 €
Running Makes a Difference. Let' Run!